Wynwood’s The LAB Miami
Many individuals associate Silicon Valley with tech startups and social networking hubs. The LAB Miami in Wynwood has adapted this concept, where it promotes creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
President Daniel Lafuente stated in a recent interview with Forbes Magazine, that his goal was preserving talents in Miami. It’s a factory for startups, and here’s what’s included:
- Work Spaces – members lease a table, and have access to amenities in The LAB Miami. Since it’s a co-sharing space, the campus fosters networking with other creatives, so that ideas can be bounced around. It’s inspired energy being fed from one startup to another. Furthermore, conflicts of interest are avoided given that members are screened for approval to work in diverse niches.
- Venues – The campus allows innovators to request event spaces, with options for renting equipment such as projectors, speakers and microphones.
- Workshops – classes are typically offered in the evenings, and are tutored by members.
- Capital – there’s an in-house community of angels and venture investors. This is one of the most critical benefits given that entrepreneurs require capital to fund their plans.
- Farmer’s Market – takes place on Saturdays. Miami residents get an opportunity to buy and save local.
John S. and James L. Knight Foundation invested $650K in the facility in 2011, after the startup displayed much promise in the community.
The LAB Miami currently has 10,000 SF of available space, and the rates for membership include:
- One Day/Month: $40
- 24/7 Access: $200
- Private Office: $2,500 (includes 8 members)
The LAB Miami is located at 400 NW 26th Street, Miami, FL 33127. Email: email@example.com.
For other co-sharing or private office spaces for rent in Miami, contact Sydney Server at 305-562-7363.